Re: [Full-disclosure] alert: the 111111 bug

From: Ron DuFresne (dufresne_at_winternet.com)
Date: 07/06/05

    Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 14:31:17 -0500 (CDT)
    To: Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>

    On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, Paul Schmehl wrote:

    > --On July 4, 2005 12:03:02 AM +0100 lsi <stuart@cyberdelix.net> wrote:
    > >
    > > For this customer 11/11/11 in the date field means, don't process
    > > this record, which will obviously cause problems with legitimate
    > > transactions on that date.
    > >
    > > I suspect using a new field to flag a state, instead of "special"
    > > data, would have been more appropriate.
    > >
    > Not to worry. The 11th of November, 2011 is a Saturday. No one will be
    > working that day. :-)

    Almost no one, though states tend to view weekends as merely an extension
    to the week and I'm likely going to have to be doing maintainance or
    working indirectly from home as usual....

    Thanks,

    Ron DuFresne
    "Sometimes you get the blues because your baby leaves you. Sometimes you get'em
    'cause she comes back." --B.B. King
            ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

    OK, so you're a Ph.D. Just don't touch anything.

    • Re: [Full-disclosure] alert: the 111111 bug
      ... which will obviously cause problems with legitimate ... > transactions on that date. ... Not to worry. ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Looking for files older than n number of days?
      ... On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Paul Schmehl wrote: ... Could not get it to work with anything like that syntax. ... For starters I don't see "-n". ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] RE: FEEDBACK: Testing Microsoft and the DMCA
      ... On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, Paul Schmehl wrote: ... > citizen for simply publishing a book. ... > establishing the credibility of your diatribe. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Capture of USB Dongle traffic?
      ... > s/he has a legitimate need to debug the transactions between a program ... > s/he's written and a security dongle s/he's trying to incorporate. ... Or a legitimate need to run somebody else's software without the dongle. ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: Capture of USB Dongle traffic?
      ... >> s/he has a legitimate need to debug the transactions between a program ... >Or a legitimate need to run somebody else's software without the dongle. ...
      (sci.electronics.design)