Re: [Full-disclosure] alert: the 111111 bug

From: Paul Schmehl (pauls_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: 07/04/05

    Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 22:18:02 -0500
    To: full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk

    --On July 4, 2005 12:03:02 AM +0100 lsi <stuart@cyberdelix.net> wrote:

    > For this customer 11/11/11 in the date field means, don't process
    > this record, which will obviously cause problems with legitimate
    > transactions on that date.
    >
    > I suspect using a new field to flag a state, instead of "special"
    > data, would have been more appropriate.

    Not to worry. The 11th of November, 2011 is a Saturday. No one will be
    working that day. :-)

    Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
    Adjunct Information Security Officer
    University of Texas at Dallas
    AVIEN Founding Member
    http://www.utdallas.edu/

    • Re: JPC.DE poor packing of packages
      ... >> Prichard as well. ... Isn't it legitimate to expect that a purchase be ... > these kinds of trivialities when we have Mad King Bush to worry about. ...
      (rec.music.classical.recordings)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] alert: the 111111 bug
      ... On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, Paul Schmehl wrote: ... which will obviously cause problems with legitimate ... >> transactions on that date. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: JPC.DE poor packing of packages
      ... > Prichard as well. ... Isn't it legitimate to expect that a purchase be sent in ... I think what Samir was trying to say is that we shouldn't worry about these ...
      (rec.music.classical.recordings)
    • Re: Capture of USB Dongle traffic?
      ... > s/he has a legitimate need to debug the transactions between a program ... > s/he's written and a security dongle s/he's trying to incorporate. ... Or a legitimate need to run somebody else's software without the dongle. ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: Capture of USB Dongle traffic?
      ... >> s/he has a legitimate need to debug the transactions between a program ... >Or a legitimate need to run somebody else's software without the dongle. ...
      (sci.electronics.design)