Re: [Full-disclosure] Internet Going Down For Maintenance

From: Steve Kudlak (chromazine_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: 04/01/05

    Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:09:02 -0800
    To: Larry Seltzer <larry@larryseltzer.com>

    I suspect that this has something to do with today being April First
    called "April Fool's Day". My sister in Pittsburgh is one year oloder
    today. Since she was born a couple months permature she was a pretty big
    April Fool's surprise.

    Have Fun,
    Sends Steve

    Larry Seltzer wrote:

    >Internet To Close For Maintenance This Weekend
    >
    >April 1, 2005 Posted: 6:36 AM EDT (1136 GMT)
    >
    >BERN, Switzerland (Reuters) -- Long-scheduled maintenance will bring the
    >Internet down this Saturday from 9PM to 3AM Greenwich Mean Time.
    >
    >The Internet Architecture Board, in coordination with the United Nations,
    >has planned an "infrastructure maintenance window" for several years.
    >According to IAB Senior Consultant Ursula TechenspŘf "such a massive network
    >requires occasional maintenance to upgrade aging equipment." Also planned is
    >the first resorting of IP (Internet Protocol) numbers since before the
    >dotcom boom.
    >
    >TechenspŘf added "Years ago, when the Internet was largely academic, such
    >maintenance was not as stressful or disruptive. Most maintenance can be
    >performed on a 'hot' network now, but resetting of the Internet core still
    >requires taking it down."
    >
    >Users should not expect to lose much data, although experts do warn of a
    >potential data surge when the network comes back up, and advise users to
    >bring systems back on the network slowly and cautiously.
    >
    >Copyright 2005 Reuters. All rights reserved. This material may not be
    >published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed

    • [Full-disclosure] Internet Going Down For Maintenance
      ... Internet To Close For Maintenance This Weekend ... Internet down this Saturday from 9PM to 3AM Greenwich Mean Time. ... According to IAB Senior Consultant Ursula Techensp├╝f "such a massive network ... Copyright 2005 Reuters. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] Internet Going Down For Maintenance
      ... I believe that since the internet core is run off of the ... >>maintenance was not as stressful or disruptive. ... >>performed on a 'hot' network now, ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • drone armies C&C report - July/2005
      ... 3356 LEVEL3 Level 3 Communications ... 3491 BTN-ASN - Beyond The Network A ... 3801 MISNET - Mikrotec Internet Ser ... 15857 DIALOG-AS DIALOG-NET Autonomuo ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Masquerading problem... can you help?
      ... server to masquerade a simple network and allow access to ... My server uses a modem to dial the internet. ... `SuSE-FW-DROP-DEFAULT' ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: U.S. as Traffic Cop in Web Fight
      ... Internet providers to treat all Web traffic equally, ... Digits: What Is Net Neutrality? ... AT&T cited network congestion concerns. ... Phone companies including AT&T have argued that they can live with the FCC's ...
      (talk.politics.guns)