Re: [Full-disclosure] $25K Prize for the first OS X virus.

From: KF (Lists) (kf_lists_at_digitalmunition.com)
Date: 03/26/05

    Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:56:16 -0500
    To: full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk

    Hrmm why do I see this statement as a problem?

    Your virus may be put into general circulation on the internet. Or, it
    may be sent by email to virus@dvforge.com. Both machines will pull email
    from this POP account at least once per day, and, those emails will all
    be opened each day.

    -KF

    Dana Sibera wrote:
    > I found this from MacDailyNews, and thought it interesting.
    >
    > http://www.dvforge.com/virus.shtml
    >
    > In essence DVForge is running a competition where two powermac G5s are
    > connected to the net with no security other than out of the box
    > installs. If you can demonstrate you've infected them both with a virus
    > you win $25k.
    >
    > Or $50k if you're a an employee of symantec.
    >
    > dana

    • Re: computer virus usegroups
      ... New Virus Stealing Information from Computer Users ... You can infect ... attempt to download from a Russian website. ... Internet Explorer to protect users of its Internet Explorer browsers ...
      (sci.med.diseases.lyme)
    • Re: Virus to Virus Idea
      ... Subject: Virus to Virus Idea ... > plugging a box into the internet does not mean anyone that finds it can> do whatever they please unless you write a disclaimer or lock it down. ... you do not disclaim. ... the legal, LE, and corporate community is so adamant about properly ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: why do i keep getting viruses?
      ... Since some of the received messages have large (often virus) ... switch to the free AVG with mail scanning off. ... >> You may have spyware/adware infesting your machine, ... >> - Open ONE copy of Internet Explorer. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: CoolWebSearch Virus
      ... > I've been hearing a lot about the CoolWebSearch Virus on the Net. ... I don't see where any of the updates address this ... to have something running like antivirus software - and it prevents browser ... Empty your Temporary Internet Files and shrink the size it stores to about ...
    • Re: Sasser-Cant Run Windows Update
      ... > I can't update any virus software or anything. ... Note that Microsoft is not sending you patches in emails nor should you EVER ... Empty your Temporary Internet Files and shrink the size it stores to about ... Once it is done, click OK, close Internet Explorer ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)