[Full-disclosure] Stealling Free Articles and Auctioning It

From: Debasis Mohanty (mail_at_hackingspirits.com)
Date: 03/10/05

    To: <full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk>
    Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:10:41 +0530

    Hey Folks,

    While my efforts are always to contribute free knowledge to the community
    like many others, there exists many lames and craps who has mastered Ctrl-C
    and Ctrl-V and use this lame methods to copy paste other's work and sell it
    in their name.

    Thanks to the person who informed me that one of my article called
    "De-Mystifying Google Hacks" is being sold at eBay without my knowledge
    while the same article is available on my site and as well as many other
    security sites free. Here is the link where that lame has put my article on
    auction:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5170644689&ssPageNam
    e=STRK:MEWN:IT

    Below is the mail of the person who informed me:

    > Hello !
    >

    > Did you know that a guy in canada is selling your paper on eBay for
    > $2.45?
    >
    > I bought a copy, then used the techniques and fornd your own paper on:
    >
    > www.infosecwriters.com/text_resources/
    > doc/Demystifying_Google_Hacks.doc
    >

    > if you like, he's probably still got a listing
    > there,,,, let me know if i
    > can be of any help, ok?
    >

    > T.P.O

    The idea of posting this here is that to make everyone aware of this
    incident.

    Regards,
    Debasis