Re: [Full-disclosure] The end is nigh: first true MMS mobile worm in the wild

From: Frank Knobbe (
Date: 03/07/05

    Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 13:58:24 -0600

    On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 18:58 +0100, Feher Tamas wrote:
    > First true MMS mobile phone worm virus spreads among Symbian
    > 60 series and PCs! Run for the hills (but bring heiress
    > Paris with you for fun)!

    The CommWarrior thing appears to be a virus, not a worm. It appears to
    require the user to click on a misleading MMS message in order to
    "install security update" or "look at p0rn", etc.

    There are subtle differences between a Virus and a Worm. A worm spreads
    by itself while a virus requires the help of a user. I would have
    expected you to know the difference. Also, there is no such thing as a
    "worm-virus" or "virus-worm". Let's keep the facts straight to avoid
    spreading FUD. Your phone will not spontaneously burst into flames.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Hosted and sponsored by Secunia -

    • Oxygen3 24h-365d [Weekly virus report - 10/26/03]
      ... Lohack.C spreads via e-mail and across network drives. ... this worm tries to trick users by referring to the Spanish Information ... The fourth malicious code in today's report is a Trojan called Sdbot.N. ... Vix.A is a virus with worm characteristics that infects PE files ...
    • Re: Backdoor Trojan IRC
      ... worm in the virus encyclopedia on the web site of whatever antivirus program ... you're using to find out how it spreads, what vulnerabilities and/or TCP/IP ... up how this worm spreads may help you faster. ...
    • Re: I ran the exe file !!!!
      ... point before the virus infection. ... For the moment you should simply stick with MS windows Updates. ... What You Should Know About the Swen Worm ... you have Windows ME or Windows XP, you could run the System Restore ...
    • Re: Watch out for this
      ... The 'swen' worm and its effects, ... there is not much you can do to stop the flood. ... e-mail for virus infection. ... You can use a remote virus scan from one of the antivirus program ...
    • Windowx 200x/XP virus proof document released
      ... i was asking people to send me virus and worms to my ... Who never downloaded the last remove tool for a last worm or virus ... administrative permission to make system changes. ... 3- Keep FULL CONTROL only to SYSTEM, ADMINISTRATORS and CREATOR OWNER. ...