Re: [Full-Disclosure] Bios programming...

Valdis.Kletnieks_at_vt.edu
Date: 03/04/05

    To: ald2003@users.sourceforge.net
    Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 01:06:57 -0500

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:46:54 +0530, Aditya Deshmukh said:

    > tell me how me people are going to use a guest accont on their own computer
    > and then be able to use the computer normally ?

    Actually, if the "regular user" needs more than "guest" privs to do their
    *normal* stuff, the system's security model is severely screwed. In fact,
    the *very first* thing that happened when computers got the ability to support
    multiple userids was to separate "user" and "sysadmin" - this was already a
    well-understood idea when Multics showed up in 1967 or so. Ever since then,
    there's only been one vendor of multi-user operating systems that thought that
    running with "more than usual" privs is a sane way to do things.....

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html