RE: [Full-Disclosure] GAIM exploit

From: Aditya Deshmukh (aditya.deshmukh_at_online.gateway.expertworks.net)
Date: 02/26/05

    To: "'Randall Perry'" <lists@domain-logic.com>, <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:35:37 +0530

    >By sending a file to another GAIM user, you can cause their GAIM client
    >to crash and completely close GAIM down.

    U don't have to send a file to do that gaim does that on its own without any
    outside help over here ;) -aditya

    Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • [Full-Disclosure] [ GLSA 200410-23 ] Gaim: Multiple vulnerabilities
      ... Gaim is a full featured instant messaging client which handls a variety ... resulting in the crash of the application. ... A remote attacker could crash Gaim and possibly execute arbitrary code ... Gaim Security Issues ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • [ GLSA 200410-23 ] Gaim: Multiple vulnerabilities
      ... Gaim is a full featured instant messaging client which handls a variety ... resulting in the crash of the application. ... A remote attacker could crash Gaim and possibly execute arbitrary code ... Gaim Security Issues ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • [ GLSA 200410-23 ] Gaim: Multiple vulnerabilities
      ... Gaim is a full featured instant messaging client which handls a variety ... resulting in the crash of the application. ... A remote attacker could crash Gaim and possibly execute arbitrary code ... Gaim Security Issues ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • [opensuse] pidgin for 10.2?
      ... Does anyone know if there are any plans to backport it for 10.2 and/or ... I only ask because I've had gaim shut down (*not* crash, ...
      (SuSE)
    • [Full-Disclosure] GAIM exploit
      ... Cause remote crash of GAIM client. ... when they accept the download (the download does not even begin, ...
      (Full-Disclosure)