[Full-Disclosure] IDS Signatures

From: preeth k (k_preeth_at_rediffmail.com)
Date: 02/22/05

    Date: 22 Feb 2005 09:36:21 -0000
    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com

    Hi, I am designing a Network Intrusion Detection System in Linux. I want to create a database of intrusion signatures using MySQL database. Can anyone please give an idea about what all fields I have to include, how to store packet payload, which pattern matching algorithm to use, etc. (Will Boyer-Moore algorithm be appropriate for pattern matching in IDS?) Regards, Preeth.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html