Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: iDEFENSE Labs Website Launch (iDEFENSE Labs)

From: Nick FitzGerald (nick_at_virus-l.demon.co.uk)
Date: 02/18/05

    Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:45:30 +1300
    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com

    Edge, Ronald D wrote:

    > Funny. All I get is a blank white page. Could it be you are expecting me
    > to trust your site, turn off all my defenses, turn on scripting, to view
    > the page? You're kidding right, this is just a joke to test participants
    > gullibility, right?

    Sarcasm noted, but that _is_ standard operating procedure for iDEFENSE.

    As I have argued several times before, for example (sorry, URL will
    wrap):

    http://lists.netsys.com/pipermail/full-disclosure/2005-
    January/030971.html

    it seems that at iDEFENSE, having a spiffy, bells-and-whistles website
    that is over-designed by folk with no security clue whatsoever is much
    more important than being a security company. Now, even MS (at least
    after a bit of borax was poured on it) fixed their security bulletin
    pages so script-disabled browsers could view the entire contents of the
    page, but iDEFENSE steadfastly doesn't, so I guess we can all tell what
    that means about iDEFENSE's business focus. (Read the above-linked
    item for a more detailed explication of all this.)

    Regards,

    Nick FitzGerald

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • [Full-Disclosure] MS web designers -- "What Security Initiative?"
      ... I commented on the uselessness of the "new, improved" MS Security ... like me whose security sensibilities require surfing with scripting ... the reason for today's swing at MS' web designers -- spam. ... window.parent.location.replace to redirect the page. ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • MS web designers -- "What Security Initiative?"
      ... I commented on the uselessness of the "new, improved" MS Security ... like me whose security sensibilities require surfing with scripting ... the reason for today's swing at MS' web designers -- spam. ... window.parent.location.replace to redirect the page. ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • [Full-Disclosure] MS web designers -- "What Security Initiative?"
      ... I commented on the uselessness of the "new, improved" MS Security ... like me whose security sensibilities require surfing with scripting ... the reason for today's swing at MS' web designers -- spam. ... window.parent.location.replace to redirect the page. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • MS web designers -- "What Security Initiative?"
      ... I commented on the uselessness of the "new, improved" MS Security ... like me whose security sensibilities require surfing with scripting ... the reason for today's swing at MS' web designers -- spam. ... window.parent.location.replace to redirect the page. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • [Full-Disclosure] iDEFENSE Intelligence Report: Local-Remote Exploit for FreeBSD in the Wild
      ... iDEFENSE: The Power of Intelligence: Current Intelligence Report ... Local Remote FreeBSD Kernel Exploit Exists in the Wild ... in computer security, who have infiltrated some of the most nefarious ...
      (Full-Disclosure)