Re: [Full-Disclosure] Microsoft to buy Sybari AV company

From: Georgi Guninski (guninski_at_guninski.com)
Date: 02/09/05

    Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:23:51 +0200
    To: Danny <nocmonkey@gmail.com>

    On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 07:27:54PM -0500, Danny wrote:
    > Further, if Microsoft thinks acquisitions will solve all of their
    > problems, why don't they acquire a company with programmers that have
    > some clue about security and it's place in software that is plugged
    > into a network.

    imho:
    1. m$ have more problems than money
    2. there are some things that money and fud can't buy
    (though this sounds like from a cheap pink romantic love story novel,
    there is some truth in it)

    --
    "We've done some good work, but all of these products become obsolete so
    fast....It will be some finite number of years, and I don't know the number

    • Re: Discussing "Build Your Own .Net Language and Compiler"
      ... >> refer to you as jerk face, therefore, jerk face, I repeat my request. ... If it were the case that like many programmers, ... strictly for the money, then yes indeed I am a failure, boo hoo. ... > some mythical retirement plan issue you allude to above. ...
      (comp.programming)
    • Re: Open Source vs. Commercial
      ... Actually, they were losing money, so they *were* done in by competition. ... >> programmers' career possibilities, ... >> labor market and the final market. ... >> amount of money going into the pockets of software developers, ...
      (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
    • Re: control of software
      ... >My belief is that programmers make more money with free software and open source packages than ever could be possible with the pecuniary license model. ... I never saw how cutting taxes increases tax revenues. ... I sure learn from other folks. ...
      (comp.lang.mumps)
    • Re: Amazon used lisp & C exclusively?
      ... And note that it /is/ about the money, ... "If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative programs, by the same token they deserve to be punished if they restrict the use of these programs." ... I wonder what the FSF is going to do, put a fatwah on my head? ... considerably more" money than sales clerks: ...
      (comp.lang.lisp)
    • A shit-load of queries
      ... I've got a lot of queries (which is Queen's English for the Subject: ... understood a bit of the clue, but there's one at least I think where I'm ... # 27 Dog appears to eat into fish ... # 13 Little money clear person comes up with in this ...
      (rec.puzzles.crosswords)