Re: [Full-Disclosure] hushmail.com, is this true? (Libraries, The Patriot Act, Forcoing Issues Etc.) (RAL for some)

Valdis.Kletnieks_at_vt.edu
Date: 01/26/05

    To: Steve Kudlak <stevex11@sbcglobal.net>
    Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:38:04 -0500

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:31:22 PST, Steve Kudlak said:

    > The question I would like is what level of "paranoia" should we be at?
    > Right now most people still believe enough in the US in the Bill or
    > Rights in the US and other protections elsewhere that no one is getting
    > really bent out of shape and invokes any special protections to avoid
    > danger? The question is should they do so? And if so is there a "Plug
    > and Play" PGP or something equaslly as good. Right now people seem
    > to want ease of use a lot and ignore much of the protection already
    > available to them.

    Most people are sheep.

    That's it, plain and simple. It's why things like the Patriot Act are allowed
    to happen, and why up to 80% of all computers are infected with malware.

    Yes, they *should* get bent out of shape and all the rest. No, they won't.

    (And yes, it's on-topic - any site security policy that doesn't recognize that
    people are sheep and work within those constraints is doomed to fail...)

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Oakland Police Worried About Increased Vigilantism
      ... Total gun freedom or Total gun control. ... (what we call 4th Amendment protections sometimes), ... than it is to interfere with the rights of the vast majority of law-abiding ... There really is not significant political influence here -- the Justices ...
      (talk.politics.guns)
    • Re: Anti-Gun Hysteria!
      ... I admit the 44 states have misinterpreted 2A rights. ... nuclear arms aren't covered by any Constitution? ... Would you buy a gun from one of their garages? ... protections for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms in recent decades. ...
      (talk.politics.guns)
    • Re: Human rights hysteria
      ... rights, then any other piece of legislation. ... To the degree that introducing the HRA allowed them to briefly claim to be ... Criminals have always used the law and any protections for civil ... EU law not the ECHR. ...
      (uk.politics.misc)
    • Re: Anti-Gun Hysteria!
      ... label, such as "RKBA supporters". ... Anyone who can't see the order shouldn't be claiming any other rights. ... Rights protections are unimportant. ... of soldiers, or guns? ...
      (talk.politics.guns)
    • Re: Anti-Gun Hysteria!
      ... I admit the 44 states have misinterpreted 2A rights. ... nor correct) but rather specific STATE Constitutional Protections -- other ... with their OWN explicit protection for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. ... nuclear arms aren't covered by any Constitution? ...
      (talk.politics.guns)