RE: [Full-Disclosure] hushmail.com, is this true?

From: Todd Towles (toddtowles_at_brookshires.com)
Date: 01/25/05

    Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:28:13 -0600
    To: "james edwards" <hackerwacker@cybermesa.com>, <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>

     I have to agree with James,

    If you are using Hushmail's free e-mail service and expecting that to
    hide you from the government, then you are in trouble. Mine as well keep
    e-mailing from your yahoo address anyways. You must assume all things
    log your IP address, even anon proxies. Which most do...but don't give
    your IP to the next computer. But tracing you is still possible, if the
    government in that region wanted to find you...they could.

    • Re: Heres one for you...
      ... James doesn't want to subsidise anything that anybody else does - he fails to understand the collaboration and mutual support aspects of modern society. ... To an extent money is a government controlled artificial ... to fund a government that protects us from that. ... The Confederate States might care to differ. ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: Follow the climate money
      ... Dewd, in another thread, on the same day you post this, you insinuate that the data from one of these studies *would* back up your opinion regarding climate change - so, wtf - of course the money the government laid out is being used to do the research that should be done to verify/disprove the hypothesis. ... No, and I have no problem admitting that in any realm of science you see a prevailing theory take hold, and it's a lot easier for folks that back that theory to get funding compared to folks that diverge from the pack - you see this in public and private research institutes of all kinds, in all realms of research and theory. ... can only counter me by stuffing words into my mouth that aren't mine, that misrepresent everything I've said is extremely revealing, James - cite, retract, or look a fool. ...
      (rec.sport.football.college)
    • Re: economic mystery
      ... those are all results of bigger and bigger government. ... The version James is being justly rude about is the centrally planned economy, adopted by the USSR and shown to be practicable, if seriously sub-optimal. ... I test theories, circuits, and arguments. ... I distrust them, look for the holes. ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: Libertarian cartoons
      ... where the government and every officer of the government is ... Still, I think James has something of a point, here, even if the line ... recall a Mark Evanier anecdote from the inside about script battles on ... even a show for one season on CBS called The Get-Along Gang, ...
      (rec.arts.sf.written)