RE: [Full-Disclosure] Scan for IRC

From: ALD, Aditya, Aditya Lalit Deshmukh (aditya.deshmukh_at_online.gateway.expertworks.net)
Date: 01/22/05

    To: "'RandallM'" <randallm@fidmail.com>, <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:50:52 +0530

    How do u know that you are looking for the irc traffic ? Somewhere you must
    have see connections going out to some host or some connection attempts. You
    could always try sniffing using that ip address on all ports if you have set
    up everthing else correctly...

    How ever if something is not setup correctly then you would have trouble
    shoot this. Maybe posting some more info will help us all diagnose this for
    you and help u out - maybe offlist ?

    -aditya

    Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: USB 2.0 Mouse ????
      ... For one thing, I don't actually HAVE an 8-channel 96 kHz USB interface at the moment. ... different ports. ... port_ and recognized it on subsequent connections. ... I'm not sure I'm correctly interpreting what I've been reading since my first post, but it seems that modern USB controllers, identified in the Device Manager as "Enhanced USB Controller," actually have two devices to interface with the connector. ...
      (rec.audio.pro)
    • troubles defining firewall policies
      ... restricting high ports. ... I use RH 7.3 and my eth0 interfase is part of the class C network ... use the linux machine as their gateways so all the network traffic is ... Grant incoming connections for every IP of my network ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: ADAM - The Server is not operational (Joe Kaplan, question for you)
      ... You can also increase the # of ephemeral ports. ... Microsoft Windows Server Division ... If different credentials are used under high load with ADSI, ... Unless there is some magic happening whereby connections are reused ...
    • troubles defining firewall policies
      ... restricting high ports. ... I use RH 7.3 and my eth0 interfase is part of the class C network ... use the linux machine as their gateways so all the network traffic is ... Grant incoming connections for every IP of my network ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: Port 135
      ... The patch doesn't disable DCOM / RPC, so connections can still be made. ... That's why you need a firewall. ... the patch is not the thing to control ... control over your TCP/IP ports and services, ...
      (microsoft.public.security)