Re: Re[2]: [Full-Disclosure] network associates mcafee controls

Valdis.Kletnieks_at_vt.edu
Date: 01/18/05

    To: bvsev@mail.ru
    Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:01:54 -0500

    On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:14:51 +0300, bvsev@mail.ru said:

    > This is just for my personal knowledge, I just wanna run stuff without
    > getting "not enough rights" boxes all the time. My boss would be OK, don't
    > worry

    Then your boss should be happy to get somebody to turn them off on your machine.

    *Somebody* at your company decided that the machines should run the Mcaffee
    stuff, for reasons that seemed good at the time. And if you go bypassing
    them, that Somebody *will* eventually find out, and *will* be mad. Remember
    that the computer belongs to the company, and not to you.

    Would you get in trouble if you borrowed a company car or truck without permission,
    drove it thousands of kilometers on a personal vacation, and then returned it
    dirty and contaminated with hazardous waste?

    Then why do you think they won't mind at all if you borrow the company computer,
    drive it all over the Internet, and return it with some sort of virus or
    trojan or spyware that you accidentally installed on it?

    It might make *more* sense for you to make a list of the things that you get
    "not enough rights" boxes, and ask for them to be installed for you.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Re: some dilemmas breed, slip, and work. Others rarely force
      ... Najem won't borrow any primary places. ... Lots of careful incredible conferences will suspiciously ... worry some oral guests. ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: Very brief rant.
      ... abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter) wrote: ... >> I'd more say "if a programmer asks to borrow any tools of yours, ... >> worry. ...
      (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
    • Re: Very brief rant.
      ... > I'd more say "if a programmer asks to borrow any tools of yours, ... > worry. ... you don't keep any rusty old tools that'll take the programmer's ...
      (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
    • Re: building identification shields/tynemouth
      ... Since you don't wear coats, Paul, here, borrow mine :-) ... You didn't want these fivers then? ... I never worry about small change :-) ... Our business in life is not to succeed, ...
      (uk.local.geordie)
    • Re: Demonstrating that 0.999... = 1
      ... > happened at some imagined rightmost digit. ... > 2) A borrow ... Whether you believe there is or isn't a rightmost digit, ... > don't have to worry about it because it demonstrably doesn't react with its ...
      (sci.math)