[Full-Disclosure] Re: Google.com down?

From: Steve R (steve_r125_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 01/16/05

    Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:25:19 +0000 (GMT)
    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com

     --- danjr <danjr@voyager.net> wrote:
    > > I just tried to do a google search,
    > > and the connection timed out.
    > > Coincidentally, I had to dial back
    > > into the Internet. After dialing
    > > back in, I figured I'd alert
    > > everybody that Google might be down!
    >
    > As previously suggested with a similar email, just
    > because a site is
    > down locally does not mean it is down globally. In
    > other words, just
    > because you are not able to access a web site, this
    > does not mean that
    > others cannot access it. Google is up and running
    > fine. Also, you
    > apparently were having internet connection issues to
    > begin with.
    >
    > Dan

    Somebody else that forgot to put on their sense of
    humour hat on this morning!

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Windows XP "access is denied" error for folder shortcuts - $10 to
      ...  My problem is not in opening a folder ... Please excuse the TEMPORARY web site ... But this simple google search led ... Quite often people will say 'do a Google search' or 'Google is your ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: ads by google
      ... If you want the whole of your site to be indexed, don't use the this tag. ... According to Google, there is no connection between Adsense and Google's ... it will make you no money. ... There ARE ways to make money from a web site. ...
    • Re: Extreme SEO
      ... so again do you know of a 5 page web site that gets high traffic? ... If Google accepted content that is appended to sites en masse, ... > my clients own web sites to make money. ... > The sites selling Amazon products increase Amazon's sales (I'll ...
      (alt.internet.search-engines)
    • Re: ads by google
      ... If you want your site searchable thru google and other search engines I ... > the ads you put there, it will make you no money. ... your web site can have a shopping cart program ...
    • Re: Boycott XSS-based Statistics (was: how to stop crawler to index web page?)
      ... Maybe for the Web site (well, it's the Webmaster that risks banishment), ... Google is notorious for never flushing its data. ... a Chinese man has just sued Yahoo. ...
      (alt.internet.search-engines)