Re: [Full-Disclosure] T-Mobile Hacker and server vulnerabilities

Valdis.Kletnieks_at_vt.edu
Date: 01/13/05

    To: vh <vh@helith.net>
    Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:31:54 -0500

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:04:21 +0100, vh said:
    > On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 03:15:52 -0500 Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
    > > One has to wonder which tabloid will win the bidding war for the pics. ;)
    >
    > Why was Mitnick jailed and this guy isn't? ;)

    Umm.. Occam's Razor suggests the answer is because this guy has cell-phone
    photos of Somebody Important and a sheep, and Mitnick didn't.... ;)

    Either that, or the Secret Service is having a hard time figuring out how
    to sucessfully prosecute Jacobson for (among other things) hacking into the
    T-Mobile account of the agent who was investigating him. Prosecutors really
    hate it when the basic integrity of the investigation is compromised - this
    one is right up there with detectives finding out that the Mafia boss they're
    trying to take down has a bug planted in their conference room.....

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: FBI investigating faked pictures of celebrities
      ... Investigating possible murders is handled by people ... handle computer related crimes. ... I suppose they can always claim that the photos are fake, ... These websites probably already gathered the bulk of the ...
      (rec.arts.tv)
    • Re: FBI investigating faked pictures of celebrities
      ... Investigating possible murders is handled by people ... handle computer related crimes. ... I suppose they can always claim that the photos are fake, ... These websites probably already gathered the bulk of the ...
      (rec.arts.tv)
    • Re: FBI investigating faked pictures of celebrities
      ... Investigating possible murders is handled by people ... handle computer related crimes. ... I suppose they can always claim that the photos are fake, ... These websites probably already gathered the bulk of the ...
      (rec.arts.tv)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] T-Mobile Hacker and server vulnerabilities
      ... or the Secret Service is having a hard time figuring out how ... > to sucessfully prosecute Jacobson for hacking into the ... > T-Mobile account of the agent who was investigating him. ... 'conference room'. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Weiner: Teen Messages Not Explicit
      ... they were silly for investigating this in the first place. ... because he sent photos of his wang and sexual texts to overage women there's ...
      (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)