[Full-Disclosure] Incorrect characters

From: Paul (onestepto_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: 01/12/05

    Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 03:50:37 +1100 (EST)
    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com

    Hi list,
    Firstly, I sent an email to a client quoting some prices on the server that we use for our own website and it arrived with the (correctly) typed sign as a capital 'L' .
    I then sent a test email to myself from my ISP account to my address on this same (questionable) server and it was perfect. To be sure, I repeated this exercise the opposite way round (own server to ISP a/c) again perfect! I phoned my ISP help boys who are usually mega reliable and they assured me they had never experienced this before. So - has anyone any ideas on this, I can only assume that the problem lies with the recipient's ISP's web server - I do not know the os.
    Secondly, if characters are being mis-read by a machine on any send path does such an error constitute a risk?
    Thirdly, if so, what steps should be taken?

    Catch ya
    one step at a time...

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html