[Full-Disclosure] MySQL and the user "su"

From: Sascha Wolf (swolf_at_x-project.net)
Date: 12/30/04

    Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:10:58 +0100
    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com

    Greeting list,

    I have today determined that I can connect to a local MySQL-server per
     "mysql -usu". I regard that to error, can that someone confirm?

    I use Gentoo with a MySQL 4.0.23 and I enough debian maschines. I can
    connect from all maschines.

    --
    best regards
    Sascha Wolf

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • [Full-Disclosure] MySQL and the user "su"
      ... I have today determined that I can connect to a local MySQL-server per ... I regard that to error, ... I use Gentoo with a MySQL 4.0.23 and I enough debian maschines. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] MySQL and the user "su"
      ... I have today determined that I can connect to a local MySQL-server per ... I regard that to error, ... is because the mysql install by default sets up permissions this way. ... do a "flush privileges;" after deleting the row. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] MySQL and the user "su"
      ... dan@freebox dan $ mysql -usu ... Welcome to the MySQL monitor. ... ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'mailsql' ... > I use Gentoo with a MySQL 4.0.23 and I enough debian maschines. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Ruby connection to MySql
      ... in it regarding how Ruby connects to and uses MySql.. ... Is there any documentation available in regard to this? ...
      (comp.lang.ruby)