[Full-Disclosure] Re: YET AGAIN Automatic remote compromise of InternetExplorer Service Pack 2 XP SP2

From: Duane Toler (delist_at_waveresearchlabs.com)
Date: 01/05/05

    Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:38:19 -0500
    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com

    >> They totally forgot HTA files and HTM help files. Who knows what >>else.
    >I do ;)

    >About switching to FireFox: if you drive a car you might end up in a
    >car-crash, changing cars doesn't prevent that. If 90% of people would >be
    >driving the exact same car, it's obvious most car-crashes will involve
    >that car.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >SkyLined

    This is a false analogy. Perhaps you mean to rephrase such as:

    "If you drive a car *with a malfunction*, you might end up in a car
    crash *caused by that malfunction*."

    Any car carries the possibility of being in a car crash. The elements
    beyond your control are what increase or decrease the probability of
    your car crash.

    Such as:

    "By switching to another car, without the same, or with a lesser,
    malfunction, you reduce the chances of having a car crashed by that
    malfunction"

    (cat - | sed 's/car/browser/g')
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: unnecessary accessory that goes with a car
      ... and I'm delighted with the car, ... One year warranty - hope you don't need it. ... After I started it this morning the malfunction ... reading over 4000 miles, changed to "Service needed in 29 miles". ...
      (alt.usage.english)
    • 211 Start Malfunction
      ... When starting my car I've twice let go of the key too quickly, the car doesn't start and the gauge says malfunction. ... I've let the computer reset with my car sitting in my garage the first time this happened and it cleared the malfunction and started up with no problem. ...
      (alt.auto.mercedes)
    • Re: unnecessary accessory that goes with a car
      ... and I'm delighted with the car, ... One year warranty - hope you don't need it. ... After I started it this morning the malfunction ... reading over 4000 miles, changed to "Service needed in 29 miles". ...
      (alt.usage.english)
    • Re: 2000 Camry: Engine light on dashboard lit up
      ... The Check Engine Light indicates a malfunction in the engine ... management/emissions control systems in your car. ... extract the malfunction codes. ...
      (alt.autos.toyota)
    • Swedish youth politician injured in Cuba car crash
      ... Swedish politician Aron Modig, the current chair of the Christian Democrats youth wing, has been injured in a car crash on Cuba which claimed the lives of two renowned critics of the Castro regime. ...
      (soc.culture.cuba)