Re: [Full-Disclosure] TCP Port 42 port scans? What the heck over...

Valdis.Kletnieks_at_vt.edu
Date: 12/15/04

    To: Matt Ostiguy <ostiguy@gmail.com>
    Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:58:18 -0500

    On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:33:42 EST, Matt Ostiguy said:

    > found an exploitable bug in the WINS service. Still, given how few
    > people one would expect to have that port accessible through a
    > firewall, or just how low the percentage of windows servers running
    > WINS is

    Do you have any actual data showing that either of those two numbers is low,
    or are you relying on "if people have clue, these will be low"?

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: [Full-disclosure] PC Firewall Choices
      ... Subject: [Full-disclosure] PC Firewall Choices ... My>understanding is that Norton has actually acquired Sygate and that the>Sygate Personal Firewall probably wouldn't be the best choice of these>now. ... >Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] "MS Blast" Win2000 Patch Download
      ... it did breach the firewall by some other access point it would be unable ... [Full-Disclosure] "MS Blast" Win2000 Patch Download ... notebooks into the network on Tuesday morning ... ... Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] .net framework 4 installation on XP temporarly stop firewall
      ... [Full-disclosure] .net framework 4 installation on XP temporarly stop ... internal XP firewall is stopped during 30 seconds at every reboot :-( ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] Re: Re: PC Firewall Choices
      ... I do know that configuring a firewall right takes some knowledge and I know I don't know how to do that and ZA did not come with instructions telling me that, ... If just popped up and asked if you want to let a certain application get on the internet and you answer yes or no and then it remembers. ... > Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... > Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Is this caused by Sobig?
      ... has a firewall in front of it. ... > Greg. ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
      (Full-Disclosure)