Re: [Full-Disclosure] I'm calling for LycosEU heads and team to resign or be sacked

Bart.Lansing_at_kohls.com
Date: 12/06/04

    To: "Micah McNelly" <micah@style.net>
    Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:33:01 -0600

    full-disclosure-admin@lists.netsys.com wrote on 12/03/2004 07:50:36 PM:

    > > And if the spammers don't like my packets being sent to their system,
    > > all they have to do is send me a polite e-mail asking to be removed
    > > from my flood-list. It is really quite simple!
    >
    > Wow. Obviously you are not responsible for authorizing payment to
    transit
    > providers and have no idea how much bandwidth actually might cost an
    > organization on a perMonth/perMeg basis. This would have never had any
    > SERIOUS effect on backbone providers but many of their customers who
    don't
    > even KNOW they have someone generating spam from their network would
    > unfortunately see a great deal of money lost.
    >
    > Why don't you go physically assault a spammer. Do you physically
    assault
    > door-to-door solicitors or do you have a sign on your front porch.

    I see...now someone has decided that hyperbole is just what we need...by
    all means let's equate trying to bog a spammer's systems down with
    physical assault. You can go away now.

    > Obviously spam costs all of us $ in some form or another but incurring
    > rapidly generated expenses for non-responsible parties to me seems a bit
    > cruel. Do you assault the mailman for delivering junkmail that
    companies
    > actually pay the USPS to deliver?

    See above reference to going away...or else find coherent and valid
    analogies...thanks for playing.

    > /m

    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
    This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
    and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
    If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.
    If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify us immediately at 262-703-7000.

    CAUTION:
    Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves the right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received. Kohl's reserves the right to monitor messages by authorized Kohl's Associates at any time
    without any further consent.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Too many groundless accusations have been hurled around here lately.
      ... Internet nor newsgroups - the first of which I joined in 1989 before the ... There weren't a lot of private individuals around on the net in the early eighties, the costs were too high, but there were a small group of us, many who were amateur radio hobbyists, like me, who were fascinated with the new technology. ... In the eighties public access was available but at huge cost, more than $60.00 per hour, until the late eighties when the access rates started to fall. ...
      (alt.support.diabetes)
    • FW: Laws of Connections (Previously-True definition of Intrusion Prevention)
      ... Internet even if the organization or individual is clueless. ... the disadvantages of computing on the private ... to quickly provide a Web server to make a buck (ex. ... competitive service and we can keep the cost the same as the inshore. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: Putting the "T word" at the **end** of Subject lines [Telecom]
      ... Please remember there is a cost for someone's classes, hardware, ... and lost time from work to get said education necessary to ... newer Usenet users is not that we Old Buzzards demand the newcomers ... manufacturer's parachial view of the Internet. ...
      (comp.dcom.telecom)
    • Moon Castles wants to sell your hand crafted creations
      ... We add 25% to the cost to cover internet site, advertising, ... and hopefully a major event where our vendors get to present ... All shipping cost will be born by the buyer. ...
      (rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace)
    • www.websworldindia.com - Web Development, Software, Web Maintanence, Data Entry, College Project
      ... focuses on providing comprehensive and Cost ... Effective solutions in internet based Offshore Programming, ... D Software Development based on Customer Requirements: ... Web Maintanence: "WebsWorldIndia.com" provides Web Maintanence and Web ...
      (alt.home.repair)