Re: [Full-Disclosure] If Lycos can attack spammer sites, can we all start doing it?

From: bkfsec (bkfsec_at_sdf.lonestar.org)
Date: 12/02/04

    To: Adam Challis <adam@adamchallis.co.uk>
    Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:40:38 -0500

    Adam Challis wrote:

    > >The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
    > (_http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/cybercrime/1030_new.html_).
    >
    > Being based in Germany, wouldn't they be subject to German and EU law?
    >
    > Does anybody know which German and EU laws are relevant to MLNS?
    >
    > Adam

    IANAL, but my understanding is that some of these laws may be
    "exportable" via treaty. I have no idea if our treaties with Germany
    make such a stipulation. It's just a factor to think about here.

              -Barry

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Popular Net anonymity service back-doored
      ... should have done anything else but secretly bug their system. ... are German entities operating under German laws being situated in Germany. ... tracking for an anonymizer in the US, ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] JAP back doored
      ... > Here are some things I do not care if Germany does: ... > anyone outside of Germany. ... all kinds of laws. ... the US have a *big* monitoring spot over ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • even you do not believe what you say.
      ... -:You do realize that Germany is not subject to our Constitution, ... -:gun laws, managed to host a school massacre without any fatalities. ... others will plan and protect you. ... does the police department have any specific obligation to protect me? ...
      (rec.scuba)
    • Re: Can a cell phone set off a car alarm?
      ... Germany - old enough to lift and drink from a beer mug ... (Although USA laws against driving motor vehicles while intoxicated, ... And, in the times around 1960, consider that back then the Republicans ... it was Democrats who favored tax cuts not matched ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: [OT] Intelectual Property Law
      ... compatible with libertarian values? ... In Germany we e.g. have the so called "Urheberrecht" and the ... Very often a contract with agreements of all parties is ... impossible, regarding to the laws of a country, to chosen licenses, ...
      (Debian-User)