Re: [Full-Disclosure] If Lycos can attack spammer sites, can we all start doing it?

From: KrispyKringle (krispykringle_at_gmail.com)
Date: 12/02/04

    To: Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu
    Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:20:03 -0500

    Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
    > That's a minor factual detail, and we care somewhere between diddly and squat
    > regarding the facts of the case. ;)

    I didn't know they were based in Germany.

    > The US government of late has shown little moral or ethical qualms about
    > imposing its law and morality on people and actions in other sovereign states,
    > while reserving its right to pick-and-choose regarding its own behavior.
    >
    > Remember, we're the bunch that detained a lot of people for things they did
    > in their own country to repel an invading army (namely, us), and then stuffed
    > them into Guantanamo Bay so that we wouldn't have to actually accord them
    > their Geneva Convention rights as prisoners-of-war. We've also seen fit to
    > skip the whole idea of "habeas corpus" for our *own* citizens (see "Hamdi v.
    > Rumsfeld" and "Rumsfeld v. Padilla") and even the concept that you should be
    > allowed to know what law you're violating (see "Gilmore v. Ashcroft").
    >
    > So be afraid. Be very afraid....
    >
    > (OK, you can have the soapbox back now... ;)

    Actually, many countries, I believe, recognize the right of citizens to
    sue foreign entities, who's in-country assets can then be seized.

    But yeah, don't talk to me about Guantanamo. Today I happen to be
    wearing my nice anti-Bush t-shirt ;)

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: OT ~ The Jewish Quarterback
      ... an increasing inability of the people of this country to gather ... available facts and string them together logically and come to a valid ... Theory don't mean squat if it don't work. ...
      (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
    • Re: New newsgroup.....
      ... little when a country feels bound to go to war over a country where ... WON the Vietnam war quite decisevely ... ... I agreed with Neil in that the history as stated by Eric was not quite correct. ... It seems at some time he knew the facts. ...
      (rec.photo.digital)
    • Re: The US caused the civil war in Iraq
      ... typical ignorance and arrogance of the typical "American" ... you stillhave no facts to back up your mouth! ... looks like what we have here is another anti war anti ... and your definition of america is a country just like the ex soviet ...
      (soc.culture.filipino)
    • Re: oh forgot something
      ... > Treason is doing things to intentionally bring harm to the country, ... That is simplistic rhetorical bullshit. ... > Again, you've got no facts. ... flatulence of your brain dead mind. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: OT Let the Spinning Begin!
      ... other than handing gazillions of dollars to the "rebuilding" corporations ... Very few of his policies have resulted in a benefit to the country. ... An intelligent person observes the facts and bases his opinions on reality, not twisting & spinning to justify his opinions regardless of fact. ... example) are biased in a direction that is not derived from US politics. ...
      (rec.boats)