Re: [Full-Disclosure] overburning edit of molded cdroms feasible?

From: Saber Taylor (elven_org_backup_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 12/02/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:20:56 -0800 (PST)

    Saber Taylor wrote:
    > > Scenario: chinese agent buys molded cdroms from
    [...]
    Phillip Paradis wrote:
    > 1. Recording data on a pressed CD is physically
    [...]
    > 2. Most retailers will not accept opened software,
    > movies, cassettes,

    I was cheating here a little bit in my discussion
    bait. Gosh though, I can see how these lists draw
    people in to talking about locksmith type of ideas.

    China has lots of bootleg pressed cdrom factories so I
    doubt they are hideously difficult to utilize if an
    organization has access to them. But otherwise
    morning_wood trumped my idea.

    On the second matter, a friend-of-a-friend several
    years ago obtained a shrinkwrap machine (which he used
    for nefarious porpoises to his heart's delight). The
    card board tear-off seals on some cdrom envelopes may
    be more tamper resistant, but most customers wouldn't
    notice if Badguy replaced them with a more generic
    envelope (inside the shrinkwrapped box).

    S. Taylor

    http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html