[Full-Disclosure] Old LS Trojan?

From: David S. Morgan (captkras_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 12/01/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 15:11:46 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

    Hey all,

    I am looking for an old LS trojan, with trojan being a misnomer. Essentially, the scinario is that the admin (root) has a . (dot) in his path. The bad-user knows this, and has crafted an LS shell script (the part that I can't find) that essentially copies /sbin/sh to a hidden directory and then performs some suid majik to make the sh run as if they were root, without needing the root password. The file then removes itself and does the real version of ls.

    Does anyone remember this one, and have the ls script anywhere? I would like to use it in a demonstration. I know that this has probobly been fixed in various ways, but I have "old Unixes" for just such occasions.

    Dave Morgan

    David S. Morgan CISSP, CCNP
    aka: captkras@earthlink.net

    "When the winds of change blow hard enough, even the most tiny object
    can become a deadly projectile"

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Francis might overnight compel our outcome
      ... when Russ weeps the sunny undertaking ... it will tenderly dislike the script. ... Hey, dismissals declare aged thorough statues, unless they're ... industrial hits support. ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: Sound file
      ... > Chris H. MVP-Tablet PC ... > Hey< checked that out without any luck. ... >> Common script errors messages can be eliminated by Clicking: ...
    • Re: The Woman in The End Of Time
      ... Mother because it suits you. ... Hey, I agree it's cheesy, but RTD says ... Fact - Her identity is never revealed in the script. ...
      (rec.arts.drwho)
    • Re: Help, I Broke It!
      ... >> Hey - anybody out there want to help a poor soul who don't know what he's ... I tried to modify a script from dynamicdrive.com, ... Hey Robi - thanks for the feedback. ... had a "loose" Doctype statement. ...
      (comp.lang.javascript)
    • [Full-Disclosure] Snort and SourceFire Compromised
      ... Hey, ... It looks like the PHC folks are at it again, ... on "sneeze", a new script that will generate traffic to trigger on every ...
      (Full-Disclosure)