Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: signatures for Oracle Alert 68

Valdis.Kletnieks_at_vt.edu
Date: 11/24/04

    To: "Antonio Javier G. M." <legion@tierramedia.org>
    Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:30:41 -0500

    And *I* know as well - if you *READ* what I said:

    > Just a reminder for everybody and the archives - unless you're using some sort
    > of firewall appliance that doesn't pass a packet that triggers a signature,
    > having a signature doesn't actually protect you.

    In other words, it's a WARNING to those who *DONT* know the difference
    between IDP/IPS and an IDS.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: MS Office 2007: Digital Signature does not protect Meta-Data
      ... Considering that the MetaData not protected by the signature contains ... Considering that the signature creation time is stored and protected by ... Betreff: MS Office 2007: Digital Signature does not protect Meta-Data ... Microsoft Office documents carry meta data information ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: Protecting images in Word 2003
      ... then your signature can be copied. ... The music and video industries have wasted millions trying to protect their ... product from copying. ... Word MVP web site www.mvps.org/word ...
      (microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics)
    • Re: MS Office 2007: Digital Signature does not protect Meta-Data
      ... In fact the visual clue you gave for a signed document in Word 2007 ... All GUI edits to the MetaData are prohibited, ... Considering that the MetaData not protected by the signature contains ... Betreff: MS Office 2007: Digital Signature does not protect Meta-Data ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • RE: document protection/security
      ... Larry I'm not sure this is an issue in which you can protect yourself. ... your signature and in the case of the word document they can always use cut ... documents to approve. ...
      (microsoft.public.office.misc)
    • Re: Protecting a Signature in Word
      ... I believe that there is no way of doing this in a plain Word document. ... Because if the signature is a simple graphic you cannot protect it. ... truetype font and you turn off font embedding while it cannot be copied by ...
      (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)