RE: [in] Re: [Full-Disclosure] IE is just as safe as FireFox

From: Todd Towles (toddtowles_at_brookshires.com)
Date: 11/20/04

    To: "Jeremy Davis" <jdaytona@gmail.com>, <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:40:33 -0600

    If you are on the box, having changed the name of the Admin is useless.
    Naming doesn't safe you from a lot...a simple registry pull in Windows
    will get you all the hashed passwords.

    • RE: forgotton xp administrator password
      ... XP Home can only log on the local, builtin Admin from safe ... If you try to log on Home edition with CtrlAtlDel, ... >>If you start up the computer and before the windows logo ...
    • Re: Changing the Administrators password
      ... > Is it safe for me to change the Administrator's (now named something ... To do this I make my own account part of the ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ... How to Defragment your hard drives ...
    • Re: stupid searchbar wont go away
      ... >> safe place along with their CD keys and such. ... >> maximum size for this is small enough not to cause trouble in the future. ... >> Why you should use a computer firewall.. ... >> have to be the built-in Windows Firewall of Windows XP. ...
    • Re: Loaded SP2 now Im in a boot loop...Things to try.
      ... When it rebooted and I had a choice of safe and all other types of boot ... > Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • yes,.
      ... Windows 7, Vista, and XP but I have not found an acceptable solution to this ... It seems related to some kind of UAC ... I ran Word as admin so I could disable both of the COM Add-ins. ... by the UAC prompt every time you start Word generates an error of, ...