Re: [Full-Disclosure] "You have sent the attached unsolicited e-mail to an otherwise GOOD security email list."

From: bkfsec (bkfsec_at_sdf.lonestar.org)
Date: 11/18/04

    To: Michael Evanchik <mevanchik@relationship1.com>
    Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:16:34 -0500

    Michael Evanchik wrote:

    >I have no problem with this list. I use a tool to passively filter this
    >list the same that I do for the spam problem that has taken over planet
    >earth....
    >
    >In your email client there is a button that will take care of this for you.
    >
    >Look for something in the respects of "DELETE"
    >
    >Anyone who can not decipher what is good and what is bad should be
    >unsubscribed instead.

    Agreed. But some people, of course, the first thing they think of when
    they read something they don't like/agree with is "lock it down, control
    everything, and remove the offender!"

    When you're talking about networks and crime scenes, yeah - that works.
    When you're talking about open mailing lists, it should only be used in
    extreme circumstances (moderated mailing lists are a different story)...

    We're not there yet... the delete key is still quite functional for
    weeding out the noise.

                 -Barry

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: favor
      ... TM> posts to it, but questions has always been left open for posting. ... most mailing lists would not be able to function ... TM> For a mailing list, it's archives are part and parcel of the forum, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • This is simply amazing......
      ... Here is a chance to get a good bit of money with no costs ... Follow the instructions carefully and you can see how ... income when you sell the mailing lists. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: Anti-Spam ideas for usenet/list harvested email addresses
      ... What's more fun is making a website that creates endless lists of bogus ... come from a server with reverse DNS of murphy.debian.org). ... > time they see spam coming “from” the list. ... But for most mailing lists, MAIL FROM: ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Anti-Spam ideas for usenet/list harvested email addresses
      ... Of course my real email will get spam because jacob is ... email that went out to usenet or mailing lists. ... > come from a server with reverse DNS of murphy.debian.org). ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Make Money $6 Investment(easy)
      ... pieces of paper so the bill will not be seen through the envelope (to ... yourself and whenever you need money, you can use it again, and again. ... are in the business of developing Mailing Lists. ...
      (alt.2600)