Re: [Full-Disclosure] "You have sent the attached unsolicited e-mail to an otherwise GOOD security email list."

From: bkfsec (bkfsec_at_sdf.lonestar.org)
Date: 11/18/04

    To: Michael Evanchik <mevanchik@relationship1.com>
    Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:16:34 -0500

    Michael Evanchik wrote:

    >I have no problem with this list. I use a tool to passively filter this
    >list the same that I do for the spam problem that has taken over planet
    >earth....
    >
    >In your email client there is a button that will take care of this for you.
    >
    >Look for something in the respects of "DELETE"
    >
    >Anyone who can not decipher what is good and what is bad should be
    >unsubscribed instead.

    Agreed. But some people, of course, the first thing they think of when
    they read something they don't like/agree with is "lock it down, control
    everything, and remove the offender!"

    When you're talking about networks and crime scenes, yeah - that works.
    When you're talking about open mailing lists, it should only be used in
    extreme circumstances (moderated mailing lists are a different story)...

    We're not there yet... the delete key is still quite functional for
    weeding out the noise.

                 -Barry

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html