Re: [Full-Disclosure] controversial shadowcrew site hacked by secret service?

From: Curt Purdy (purdy_at_tecman.com)
Date: 11/17/04

    To: "'Insecure'" <insecure@ameritech.net>, "'Danny'" <nocmonkey@gmail.com>
    Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 04:23:52 -0600

    Danny wrote:
    > >The Secret Service, or any other government enforcement agency would
    > >not condone, promote, or participate in website defacement
    > activities.
    > >I know some of you have little faith in these agencies, but,
    > one thing
    > >is for sure, they would never stoop this low.

    Insecure replied:
    > Even when the Secret Service admits that they took over the
    > site and put up their own page, you don't believe it?
    >
    > Must be nice to have such blind faith in the integrity of
    > your government "enforcement" agencies.

    Duh...

    I don't know whether it's you folks who doomed us to another 4 years of hell
    trying to justify your own blind faith or what, but it's time you all woke
    up to reality. Good Morning America! Our government is no more (as)
    ethical as any other country. Whether it is our agents murdering a South
    American dictator we don't happen to like, or our agents defacing a
    cracker's site, it happens. Obviously you slept through the weeks of
    cyberwar our (paid) hackers fought with China's (paid) hackers after they
    downed our jet a while back. It was China who finally called a truce in
    their official press.

    Sorry to give you people the bad news, but Bambi died a while ago. It's the
    wild west in 1800 and there is no law. If you want to survive, you better
    have a hired gun and we go for $300/hour these days. At least those of us
    who have met the black hat on main street at 50 paces at high noon and
    walked away to tell about it.

    Curt Purdy CISSP, GSEC, MCSE+I, CNE, CCDA
    Information Security Engineer
    DP Solutions

    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
    What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity zar Richard Clarke

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html