Re: [Full-Disclosure] OT: U.S. 2004 Election Fraud.

From: Jason (security_at_brvenik.com)
Date: 11/13/04

    To: marklist@comcast.net
    Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 00:02:38 -0500

    marklist@comcast.net wrote:
    > Sorry list, I just couldn't resist......

    I couldn't either :-(

    > *Electoral votes vs. Population [1]
    >
    > State Population Votes Votes / M pop.
    > Alaska 648,818 3 4.624
    > Wyoming 501,242 3 5.985
    > Texas 22,118,509 34 1.537
    >
    > I guess you must have missed that day in elementary
    > school when they covered this. Pretty simple huh???
    >
    > Are you happy that a Wyoming voter has 3.89 times the
    > political power you do????
    >
    > Next time get your facts together before you post.
    >
    > -Shub
    >
    > [1] http://www.fairvote.org/e_college/popandvotes.htm

    Mark??

    It is clear to me that you do not understand the electoral college and
    how it is designed. The system is designed to ensure that the people
    that live in the US have equal representation. If Wyoming had one person
    living in it there would be three electoral votes representing that
    person, for good reason.

    Each state is given two electoral college votes in the senate and one
    for each congress person representing the people based on population.

    Before you continue to rant on about representation and how much a vote
    is worth I suggest you read a little about how the system works. Once
    you have finished reading up on the topic and the issues around a simple
    majority rules society I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

    http://www.fec.gov/pages/ecmenu2.htm

    and get the book "Securing Democracy : Why We Have an Electoral College"
    ISBN: 188292665X

    Regards,
    Jason

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] OT: U.S. 2004 Election Fraud.
      ... > that live in the US have equal representation. ... > Each state is given two electoral college votes in the senate and one ... > NO-ONE outside AMERICA gives a bloody SHIT about the American election crap! ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • RE: July the 4th
      ... democracy. ... appreciable chunk of his votes and b) all the problems in ... opposition party chose a new leader. ... The proper way to do things is proportional representation. ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: The states redrawn by population equality
      ... population denisty - for electoral voting purposes ... representation of large states in presidential voting and in the US ... why is it "bad" that cities gain more political power/ ... No...we elect by the number of EC votes, ...
      (rec.sport.football.college)
    • Re: Almost exactly like the US Constitution
      ... Going a little further afield, how about fluid representation, via the ... congress, gets a seat in congress, and casts a number of votes equal to ... of the voters can form groups, each of which has at least 1/N, and share ...
      (rec.arts.sf.composition)