[Full-Disclosure] Multiple AV DoS (part v)

From: bipin gautam (visitbipin_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 10/26/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:24:53 -0700 (PDT)

    Finally, Most, AV softwares seem to handle ZIP ARCHIVE
    BOMB easily. Lately, i was impressed with Mcafee
    Antivirus But what a pitty, still many AV dies (DoS)
    while scanning compressed oversized execudables.

    http://www.geocities.com/visitbipin/oversize_exe.zip

    Currently I know,

    Norton AV 2002/2003/2004 pro.
    McAfee 4396
    Sybari 7.5.1314
    TrendMicro 7.000

    ……SHOULD BE vulnerable to this bug. I also confirmed
    it using www.virustotal.com

    WHAT A PITTY. I wonder, when will AV softwares
    improve...

    bipin gautam

    http://www.geocities.com/visitbipin

    http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: sitedir is not included in $LOAD_PATH
      ... Word and Powerpoint files may not be opened perfectly ... by the softwares in my computer. ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (comp.lang.ruby)
    • Unidentified subject!
      ... It is true that Devian/Linux OS and softwares cannot ... be infected by computer virus? ... New and Improved Yahoo! ...
      (Debian-User)