Re: [Full-Disclosure] Owned by an iPod

From: Dragos Ruiu (dr_at_kyx.net)
Date: 10/22/04

    To: "Rosalina Hamar" <rosalina@linuxmail.org>, full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:53:55 -0700

    On October 21, 2004 10:22 pm, Rosalina Hamar wrote:
    > i heart about that demonstration a couple of weeks ago. now
    > it's an official announcement at parsec.jp [0]. since there is not
    > much technical info on that issue in the announcement, i googled
    > around and found a link to an interesting post about the IEEE1394
    > OHCI interface on kerneltrap [1] back in 2002.
    >
    > shish ...
    > rosa
    >
    > [0] http://pacsec.jp/advisories.html
    > [1] http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/145

    More technical information on this vulnerability,
    and some of the other vulnerabilities, fixes and
    techniques from the conference will be published
    after the conference.

    Though, frankly I'm surprised that the information
    in the advisory isn't a big enough pointer on how
    to do it.

    We are also currently looking at some of the wireless
    stuff too, from amongst the set of presentations which
    deal with threats, to see if it warrants an advisory, as
    there are a few significant new things there as well...

    cheers,
    --dr

    --
    World Security Pros. Cutting Edge Training, Tools, and Techniques
    Tokyo, Japan	Nov 11-12 2004  http://pacsec.jp

    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Owned by an iPod
      ... > More technical information on this vulnerability, ... > techniques from the conference will be published ... chipsets would have the capability to disable raw memory ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • [Full-disclosure] Announcing the 44Con 2011 Technical Call For Papers
      ... 44Con is the UK's largest combined Security Conference and Training ... Technical submissions should be sent to cfp@xxxxxxxxxx Our submissions ... Intrusion Prevention Tools & Techniques ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • [Coq-Club] Tests and Proofs 2009 - Call for Papers - submission deadline
      ... The TAP conference is devoted to the convergence of proofs and tests. ... program is to run it with the expectation of discovering bugs. ... techniques seem contradictory: if you have proved your program, ... Research papers: full papers of not more than 14 pages ...
      (comp.specification.z)
    • Tests and Proofs 2009 - Call for Papers
      ... The Third International Conference on Tests And Proofs (TAP) will be held at ETH Zurich, Switzerland on 2 and 3 July 2009 as part of the TOOLS EUROPE week. ... To prove the correctness of a program is to demonstrate, through impeccable mathematical techniques, that it has no bugs; to test a program is to run it with the expectation of discovering bugs. ... Research papers: full papers of not more than 14 pages ...
      (comp.specification.z)
    • Tests and Proofs 2009 - Final CfP reminder
      ... TAP: Tests And Proofs ... The TAP conference is devoted to the convergence of proofs and tests. ... techniques seem contradictory: if you have proved your program, ... Research papers: full papers of not more than 14 pages ...
      (comp.specification.z)