Re: [Full-Disclosure] why o why did NASA do this.

From: GuidoZ (uberguidoz_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/19/04

    To: Todd Towles <toddtowles@brookshires.com>
    Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:23:36 -0700

    > how would this list help me spam?

    Google your email address - then simply use a bot to gather ALL the
    email addresses listed in the posts along with it. ;) The sad fact is
    that the email addresses used to post to this list (and any others
    like it) are freely there for the taking. Plus, it's quite obvious
    they are active. (More obvious then, say, email addies fro 1996?) ;)

    --
    Peace. ~G
    On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:02:00 -0500, Todd Towles
    <toddtowles@brookshires.com> wrote:
    > Exactly as I stated eariler...this is just information leakage...old as
    > it might be, it helps...the people on the list are just doing their
    > jobs...getting paid and giving information to a employee that knows
    > their name (and is higher in the company) seems harmless. Spam isn't the
    > issue with this information leakage, I can buy a CD with 6 million
    > e-mail address on it...how would this list help me spam?

    • Re: [Full-disclosure] XSS Vulnerability in www.emerson.com
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] [Fwd: Please contact me !!! 800 453 2287]
      ... I usually just send my spam to trash and move on but this ... valid phone number of a valid company but via ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] XSS Vulnerability in www.emerson.com
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Fwd: this address is no longer available
      ... and get only 1..2 false positives and 5..10 not-recognized spam messages from ... >> Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... > Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] spammer wades into US Presidential race
      ... So, I again ask, why mail full-disclosure if it's a job for the ... The fact that it was spam is ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
      (Full-Disclosure)