Re: [Full-Disclosure] Senior M$ member says stop using passwords completely!

From: Micheal Espinola Jr (michealespinola_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/16/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:23:07 -0400

    That much is obvious. Read the the full article, do a little
    background research and get back to us when you reach a more sensible
    conclusion.

    Reactionary conclusions based on obvious article 'skimming' make it
    apparent you didn't do your homework before posting.

    FWIW I have used "rainbow" tables for dictionary-styled attacks for
    about 7 years now. There have been available CLI-based tools for
    generating dictionary lists using different character sets for the
    better part of the past 10 years. There are also many dictionary
    lists in multiple languages available on many university public FTP
    sites to build and extend your own from.

    Personally, I'm surprised this style attack took this long to catch on.

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:46:44 -0400, Tim
    <tim-security@sentinelchicken.org> wrote:

    > Mind you, I am no expert on M$ "cryptography", but someone on their
    > security team ought to know a bit more than this.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html