Re: [Full-Disclosure] Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for October, 2004

From: James Riden (j.riden_at_massey.ac.nz)
Date: 10/12/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:31:53 +1300

    Danny <nocmonkey@gmail.com> writes:

    > On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:43:44 -0400, d31337 <d31337@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> Interesting that XP SP2 doesn't seem to be impacted by any of these
    >> vulnerabilities. Kinda gives you the impression MS knew about these
    >> for some time...
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-oct.mspx
    >
    > Not according the security bulletins I read:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-038.mspx

    Yep, the IE roll-up, MS04-038 / 834707 does apply to XP SP2.

    cheers,
     Jamie

    --
    James Riden / j.riden@massey.ac.nz / Systems Security Engineer
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.

    • [Full-Disclosure] Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for October, 2004
      ... vulnerabilities. ... Kinda gives you the impression MS knew about these ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Service Pack 2?
      ... chock-full of vulnerabilities. ... it is problematic for some program installations. ... BTW - Is there any way to go back to plain jane WinXP (i.e. without SP2) ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Service Pack 2?
      ... I'm not worried about these so-called vulnerabilities (and I'm on dialup, ... it is problematic for some program installations. ... BTW - Is there any way to go back to plain jane WinXP (i.e. without SP2) ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Mozilla Firefox Patch
      ... you can download Quik-Fix from www.pivx.com for further protection of IE ... vulnerabilities, assuming you have AV up-to-date with background ... scanning on, firewall enabled, and all critical Windows updates in place ... There is only one known vulnerability left in SP2 ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: HOWTO: How to remove VX2 spyware (the latest and worst versions)
      ... > Actually SP2 could have little to do with it. ... Yes there are vulnerabilities that are ... SECURITY VULNERABILITY FIXES WERE ALLOWED. ... To defend this stance is just plain crazy. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)