[Full-Disclosure] Symantec Security Report 1V

From: RandallM (randallm_at_fidmail.com)
Date: 10/08/04

    To: <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 18:15:19 -0500

    http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/271

    Very interesting and yet kinda scarry! Symantec gave their view on the trend
    of internet attacks. I'd be very interested on the views from this list.
    There is one area that is starting to concern me at my place of employment
    and that is IM's. I delete them and the next day they're back. What I need
    is some POC to show the bosses concerning the vulnerabilities associated
    with them. Which I believe is a trend that will increase greatly.

    thank you
    Randall M

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Anyone using Symantecs stuff with SBS 03 Premium?
      ... I am not saying Trend is better or worse than ... I've been using Symantec since 1997 when they first ... Administration on SBS, I don't even use it for my bigger clients? ... download the updates and it updates everything else. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Anti-Virus Software and Raid Solution
      ... get pricing on renewal subscription licenses. ... off the symantec website at ... > software from CDW. ... The initial cost between Trend and CA is pretty much ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Anit-Virus Software
      ... products it as been evaluate better than theses products in virus detection. ... Subject: Anit-Virus Software ... In the field, I have worked with McAfee, CA, Symantec and Trend ... Trend, I've only worked with on a desktop. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Trend Vs Symantec
      ... "Out of four leading endpoint security solutions Trend Micro OfficeScan performs best in common everyday ... the real-life scenarios most likely to impact a user's productivity. ... I didn't see that "full scan" thing anywhere in the full report and also what you can customize can never be a benchmark(, In fact Symantec has beaten all at most of the tests. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Virus protection
      ... I just got Trend C/S/M for SMB and it works well - also mention that you ... > experiences over the years with Symantec, and don't use or recommend it. ... >> NeatSuite for Small and Medium Businesses, ... >> NeatSuite for Small and Medium Businesses minimizes the Internet ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)