RE: [Full-Disclosure] Scandal: IT Security firm hires the author of Sasser worm

From: ktabic (lists_at_ktabic.co.uk)
Date: 09/21/04

    To: Harlan Carvey <keydet89@yahoo.com>
    Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:50:31 +0000

    On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 05:08 -0700, Harlan Carvey wrote:
    > It's pretty clear, then, how this particular example
    > compares to the issue of a security firm hiring
    > someone who wrote malware.
    >
    > If you need it spelled out in any more detail, please
    > feel free to contact me offline.

    No, no need to spell it out any clearer. You made my point.
    Mr. Abagnale is an expert in and on the finacial institusions and fraud,
    who (in return for a reduced sentence) provided that immense knowledge
    to the industry and has even worked towards getting the industry to
    adopt meathods to reduce fraud by designing systems that (we hope) he
    himself cannot beat.

    The other is a virus writer who used a flaw developed by someone else,
    and propagated by a meathod that has been used countless times before,
    and really introduced nothing new.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Anime industry appearing to capitulate...
      ... No, because without the piracy, the companies would've had proper ... There's no reason save for stubbornness that anime ... There's an entire marketing industry that exists to do just this sort ... same kind of fraud that the Japanese are putting on the American ...
      (rec.arts.anime.misc)
    • Re: OT for Bill Sloman
      ... like Dr Rajendra Pachauri, and his unfounded claims about Dr Rajendra ... Pachauri have lead to at least one libel action, ... fraud all right. ... the fossil fuel extraction industry to keep on making money for a few ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Scandal: IT Security firm hires the author of Sasser worm
      ... to the industry and has even worked towards getting the industry to ... adopt meathods to reduce fraud by designing systems that he ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: The Hatto lesson
      ... the "classical" record industry is at least as susceptible to criminal ... fakery and fraud as any other ... This particular fraud has proven that not only is it quite easy to ...
      (rec.music.classical.recordings)
    • Re: comcast sucks
      ... That says nothing about the outright ... Reagan threw the industry to the dogs. ... that "governmnet is the problem." ...
      (misc.news.internet.discuss)