RE: [Full-Disclosure] Scandal: IT Security firm hires the author of Sasser worm

From: ktabic (lists_at_ktabic.co.uk)
Date: 09/21/04

    To: Harlan Carvey <keydet89@yahoo.com>
    Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:50:31 +0000

    On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 05:08 -0700, Harlan Carvey wrote:
    > It's pretty clear, then, how this particular example
    > compares to the issue of a security firm hiring
    > someone who wrote malware.
    >
    > If you need it spelled out in any more detail, please
    > feel free to contact me offline.

    No, no need to spell it out any clearer. You made my point.
    Mr. Abagnale is an expert in and on the finacial institusions and fraud,
    who (in return for a reduced sentence) provided that immense knowledge
    to the industry and has even worked towards getting the industry to
    adopt meathods to reduce fraud by designing systems that (we hope) he
    himself cannot beat.

    The other is a virus writer who used a flaw developed by someone else,
    and propagated by a meathod that has been used countless times before,
    and really introduced nothing new.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html