Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: open telnet port

From: Steve Kudlak (chromazine_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: 09/09/04

    To: fulldis <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 15:58:46 -0700

    This sort of solution is like when goes to the doctor and says
    "It hurts when I do this..." and one does a common normal
    hand gesture and the doctor's response is "well don't do that..."
    This is kind a response of that is easy for one person to make
    and it really never solves the problem.

    Alas I can't do to much better, not being a Solaris person, although
    I do have a Solaris box to play with, so I might be able to figure out
    something. at some point. I would worry if I could do something to
    the port and get data through it rather have it just time out. or
    something..

    I'll ask my friend what he does as the "just don't do x" or just get rid
    of x never seems like a good idea. If you try to connect with telnet
    rather than ssh to that box it just doesn't go through.

    Have Fun,
    Sends Steve

    Dave Ewart wrote:

    >Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    >Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: More printer issues Canon and Zerox printers
      ... Solaris 10 zone, maybe you can help me figure this out. ... I cannot telnet to the remote server, ... If the printer understands telnet, it will listen only on one or two ports. ... If you don't know which port(s) the printer listens on, you could try running a "Port Scan" program. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] open telnet port
      ... If you have the "lsof" package (and if you don't I strongly recommend ... the process that has the port open. ... > I have closed the Telnet port in Solaris 8 server by ... > know any other way just except hashing inetd. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Solaris 8 Sparc eggdrop hacked
      ... > I have a Solaris 8 on sparc. ... > I telnet to port ...
      (comp.security.unix)
    • Re: Telnet port 25
      ... Subject: Telnet port 25 ... is the sole responsibility of the customer and depends on the customer's ... Configuring sendmail 8.11.0 for Anti-Relay ...
      (AIX-L)