Re: [Full-Disclosure] Teen hacker controls ebay

From: Lothar Kimmeringer (
Date: 09/08/04

    Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 08:14:05 +0200

    Gaurang Pandya wrote:

    > Says, a teen
    > hacker "he had managed to become the new owner of
    >" can any one tell me what do they mean by
    > this..did he actually changed ip address at DNS or its
    > DNS Cache poisioning or something else??

    According to german news-tickers that are reporting
    about that since last week, it was hacking by stupid
    accident. The boy was filling out online-forms for
    moving domains to another provider for, and other big websites.

    And to his big surprise the moving of was
    confirmed and he became the new owner of this name.

    Who's fault this was is not known at the moment, but
    it was not a real attempt of hacking EBay.

    Regards, Lothar

    Lothar Kimmeringer                E-Mail:
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.