Re: [Full-Disclosure] Response to comments on Security and Obscurity

From: James Tucker (jftucker_at_gmail.com)
Date: 09/02/04

    To: Security List <secfocuslist@yahoo.com>
    Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 22:42:27 +0100

    On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:53:20 -0700 (PDT), Security List
    <secfocuslist@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > Mr. Tucker wrote:
    >
    > >Maybe, but you have to educate people somehow, and
    > you don't have time
    > >to explain everything.
    >
    > This is an excuse and the weak point. If you do not
    > have time, and the audience does not care enough to
    > spend the time, then the battle is already lost.

    I apologise, but I have spent most of my life at this and I don't know
    everything, I doubt my audience would donate that much time, even if I
    gave it. But thank you for your encouragement.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Macca concert set list - no Please Please Me and Ill Get You??
      ... Thanks for posting this. ... It must of been a real thrill for audience to ... Somehow I expect it to be as good as Paul's version of Strawberry Fields. ...
      (rec.music.beatles)
    • Nole the entertainer goes on
      ... This was a perfect case of Nole wanting to please the audience where ... it went a little haywire. ... Somehow beats Fognini in the end but was ...
      (rec.sport.tennis)
    • Re: Pull the Style from the Hat
      ... most of the audience won't notice the difference anyway. ... If they weren't involved somehow, you;'re right, they ... wouldn't notice, or care, if they did notice. ... I can get behind anyone who'll take that "harpoon" outside for a ...
      (alt.guitar.bass)
    • Re: Eternal September takedown?
      ... somehow doesn't appreciate their luck at being granted an audience. ... Ahh, that explains it. ...
      (rec.food.cooking)
    • Re: Dark Protagonists -- are they the answer?
      ... the audience is insufficiently sophisticated to deal with morally ... Pat ...
      (rec.arts.sf.composition)