Re: [Full-Disclosure] Bootable Memorystick?

From: Arnaud Jacques / Securiteinfo.com (aj_at_securiteinfo.com)
Date: 08/30/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com, black_ice6135@myway.com
    Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:46:35 +0200

    > Has anyone already, or does anyone think it would be possible to boot to a
    > memory-stick instead of a floppy? Ofcourse you would have to have an
    > 8-in-1 card reader first, but once you have one of those, each card comes
    > up as another drive, so seemingly you could boot to one of those drives.

    Hello,

    I don't know any BIOSes able to boot on a 8-in-1 card reader.
    USB flash disk is more suitable.

    Regards,

    _______________________________
    Arnaud Jacques
    Consultant SÚcuritÚ
    Securiteinfo.com

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: installation problems
      ... RH 9 had trashed my Linux partition and rendered my PC unbootable. ... >you can create the floppy from and can be created on a differnet ... >on the CD as the floppy boot image. ... and since flash drives seem to be listed in /proc as scsi devices, ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: RedHat Linux 7.2 needed.
      ... drives replaced with current stuff, ... Unfortunately, it has a few problems, including a fan ... If you mean floppy only, I don't remember the last distribution that was ... Red Hat Linux 9 uses a different boot diskette layout than ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: How can I flash the Bios with out a flopy drive?
      ... so buy a floppy drive cheapskate. ... absolute minimum of code to boot from a floppy and, maybe, display ... That whole area of USB bootability is somewhat fraught, ... but there are several approaches as to how you make such drives ...
      (uk.comp.homebuilt)
    • Re: Registry Failure - c0000218
      ... boot floppy, but the situation with my shuttle machine was that it did not ... I wish to create a bootable disk for my winXP setup for future ... normally useless for repairs since they cannot access NTFS drives, ...