Re: [Full-Disclosure] The 'good worm' from HP

From: michael williamson (michael_at_puffin.tamucc.edu)
Date: 08/21/04

    To: Maarten <fulldisc@ultratux.org>
    Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 12:42:27 -0500

    > Except that the scenario you describe isn't near complete. What will happen
    > is either it will get attacked by a benign worm (possibly breaking something)
    > or a malicious worm (definitely breaking something) only a short while later.
    > Which would you prefer then ?

    I'd prefer to not have to deal with systems built on house cards, but
    sometimes that's just not avoidable nor realistic. I can't deal with
    too much downtime either.

    > I think it is _your_ responsibility to shield your box from the internet

    the box _is_ fairly well shielded.

    > if it is that fickle and that important to you.

    I'm really wanting phase this P.O.S. out, but I will mention this sort
    of crap is not that uncommon of "turnkey solutions" in the windows
    world.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html