Re: [Full-Disclosure] The 'good worm' from HP

From: Jesse Valentin (jessevalentin_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/20/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:06:22 -0700 (PDT)

    Thats pretty funny.. didnt someone else release a worm like that some time ago? The worm previoulsy released downloaded a patch from Microsoft to vulnerable machines, but I think these types of things create their own little DoS attacks when they get transmitted to offices with a less than desired Internet Connection. I dont think they're going to equip this thing with any type of intelligence to monitor Internet connection speeds or network bandwidth.. in view of this, I think this would probably just get classified into another threat.

    - JV

    KF_lists <kf_lists@secnetops.com> wrote:
    This is cute...
    http://p2pnet.net/story/2182