Re: RE: [Full-Disclosure] Electronic Voting Machines - WinVote by Adv anced Voting Solutions

From: Michael Williamson (michael_at_puffin.tamucc.edu)
Date: 08/20/04

    To: James Tucker <jftucker@gmail.com>
    Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:14:59 -0500

    These power ranges are perfectly legal in (some of) the amateur radio
    bands. The 2.4 ghz ISM band partially overlaps the 2.4 ghz amateur
    band. Dangerous? Very. One use: Moonbounce communications. I've
    heard of people running 1.5kw into very high gain antenna arrays
    producing ERP's in the 1/4 megawatt range for moonbounce. This is still
    perfectly legal. (but using it as a weapon isn't) Now pointing the
    thing around and intentionally blowing the front end off of everything
    somewhat resonant (and popping eyeballs) with it would be illegal, but
    I'm only discussing incidental interference.

    -Michael

    On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 07:50, James Tucker wrote:
    > Of course the power ranges you quote are also illegal, not to mention
    > extremely dangerous.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html