Re: RE: [Full-Disclosure] Electronic Voting Machines - WinVote by Adv anced Voting Solutions

From: Michael Williamson (michael_at_puffin.tamucc.edu)
Date: 08/20/04

    To: James Tucker <jftucker@gmail.com>
    Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:14:59 -0500

    These power ranges are perfectly legal in (some of) the amateur radio
    bands. The 2.4 ghz ISM band partially overlaps the 2.4 ghz amateur
    band. Dangerous? Very. One use: Moonbounce communications. I've
    heard of people running 1.5kw into very high gain antenna arrays
    producing ERP's in the 1/4 megawatt range for moonbounce. This is still
    perfectly legal. (but using it as a weapon isn't) Now pointing the
    thing around and intentionally blowing the front end off of everything
    somewhat resonant (and popping eyeballs) with it would be illegal, but
    I'm only discussing incidental interference.

    -Michael

    On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 07:50, James Tucker wrote:
    > Of course the power ranges you quote are also illegal, not to mention
    > extremely dangerous.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: ping Andy Foad
      ... 10mtr band mono-band rigs was partly due to my disgruntled noises. ... It seems not because my Freedom of Information request to OFCOM ... unattended amateur radio beacons/nodes/bbs systems etc ...
      (uk.radio.amateur)
    • Amateur Radio Newsline(TM) Report 1824 - July 27 2012
      ... Amateur Radio Newsline report number 1824 with a release ... four new ham radio CubeSats go skyward. ... They are calling it one of the best VHF band openings since ... It turned out that instead of WRJK he was hearing a station ...
      (rec.radio.cb)
    • Amateur Radio Newsline[TM} Report 1841 - November 23 2012
      ... Amateur Radio Newsline report number 1841 with a release ... MYSTERY CHINESE SIGNALS BEING HEARD ON HF ... "Latest Intruder News". ... most affordable ham band satellite to date. ...
      (rec.radio.cb)
    • Re: ping Andy Foad
      ... 10mtr band mono-band rigs was partly due to my disgruntled noises. ... It seems not because my Freedom of Information request to OFCOM ... unattended amateur radio beacons/nodes/bbs systems etc ...
      (uk.radio.amateur)
    • Re: Amateur radio and the group now in decline
      ... the VHF FM CB band has seen a bit of ... but HF and microwave is looking healthy and there's quite a ... for almost all amateur radio activities and these are very busy. ...
      (uk.radio.amateur)