RE: [Full-Disclosure] Slipstreamed Windows XP CD Using SP2

From: Al Reust (list_at_geeksamazing.com)
Date: 08/16/04

    To: "Alan Melia (Melmac)" <alanme@melmac.co.uk>, "'Gabriel Alexadros'" <agabriel@otenet.gr>, "'Full Disclosure'" <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 17:50:17 -0700

    While this off topic, if you are really interested here is a link for
    exactly what you want

    http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html

    There have been many articles on how to create a "slipstream" version of an
    OS, as was brought up here you can also roll things like MDAC, MediaPlayer
    and IE into the slipstream. That takes a bit more work.

    Of course your mileage may vary.

    Al
    At 10:57 PM 8/15/2004 +0100, Alan Melia \(Melmac\) wrote:
    >As SP2 contains SP1 (2) seems redundant to me but hey it's your money...
    >
    >You should also consider those components that are not part of the OS too.
    >.Net Framework. Mdac etc...
    >

    >Alan Melia
    >
    >Melmac Solutions Ltd.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: slipstreaming question
      ... I have the SP2 download burned to disk. ... > I thought Autostreamer was the best way to do this. ... > ValueAdd and is not as functional as a win xp sp1 slipstream. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Sfc /scannow
      ... A minor problem started when I started to make SlipStream SP2 disks ... SP2 was integrated without any hitch. ... windows because of the corrupted file). ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
    • Re: Internet Backgammon problem
      ... I'm using XP Pro SP2. ... || You WILL need a Windows XP installation CD that includes an I386 folder ... || How to slipstream Windows XP and Windows XP SP2 with AutoStreamer ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
    • Re: sfc /scannow
      ... It's weird that it still prompts. ... Later updates shouldn't have anything to do with this. ... XP Pro SP2 Fully Updated ... need to slipstream any other updates at all as SP2 included ALL ...
    • RE: Installer trys to get on Internet?
      ... You can Make a SlipStream Copy by Integrating or slipping/Extract the SP2 ... "nass" wrote: ... Why does installer need access to the net? ...