RE: [Full-Disclosure] lame bitching about xpsp2

From: Todd Towles (toddtowles_at_brookshires.com)
Date: 08/13/04

    To: "devis" <devis@easynix.net>, "Full-disclosure" <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:30:35 -0500

    I agree that Windows would improve from a core OS rewrite. They need to
    forget DOS (which the can't) and get really permission security. I
    agree. But to blame MS for the current lot of malware still on the
    internet isn't fair. I run Windows XP (along with Linux boxes) at the
    house and I don't pollute the internet with that junk. But of course we
    are computer people and we can't turn that off, we can't think like
    normal people anymore. We are fully aware of the dangers of online
    banking at home directly connected to the internet thru a cable modem
    and no router.

    But sad to say, normal people are not..and will not understand. To quote
    a movie, they are the cattle and we are the cowboys of the new digital
    wild west.