RE: [Full-Disclosure] What about M$ in the shell: race

From: Larry Seltzer (larry_at_larryseltzer.com)
Date: 07/10/04

    To: "'daniel uriah clemens'" <daniel_clemens@autism.birmingham-infragard.org>, "'Perrymon, Josh L.'" <PerrymonJ@bek.com>
    Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 22:44:00 -0400

    >>The shell: issue is all over Full-disclosure and slashdot but I have yet to see a
    public response from M$ on the issue.

    I don't understand the IE angle on this one. Every time I test it on XP I get an
    Open/Save dialog for the file. This behavior is indistinguishable from a simple href to
    the file. Are you seeing something different?

    Larry Seltzer
    eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
    http://security.eweek.com/
    http://blog.ziffdavis.com/seltzer