Re: [Full-Disclosure] Successful in blocking all known exploits

From: Eric Paynter (eric_at_arcticbears.com)
Date: 07/04/04

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 19:31:02 -0700 (PDT)

    On Sat, July 3, 2004 1:55 pm, Maarten said:
    > On Saturday 03 July 2004 18:25, J.A. Terranson wrote:
    >> On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, RandallM wrote:
    >>> I have been up and running for 876 days straight and have had no
    >>> problems to date!
    >>
    >> Yeah, but what about Windowz boxes?
    >
    > Hum, how did you guess he isn't talking about a windows box ? 8-))

    I can't think of a single platform that hasn't had some kind of
    security-related kernel patch in that period of time. Unless that box is
    isolated from the Internet, it is ripe for hacking. The only thing
    protecting it is luck.

    -Eric

    --
    arctic bears - affordable email and name services @yourdomain.com