Re: [Full-Disclosure] MS Anti Virus?

From: Joshua Levitsky (
Date: 06/17/04

    To: <>
    Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:34:45 -0400

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "DAN MORRILL" <>
    Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 11:51 AM
    Subject: Re: [Full-Disclosure] MS Anti Virus?

    > You make anti virus software sound like a gun lock on a 9MM.
    > Does it really matter who is in the anti-virus market? If Microsoft goes
    > that way, and they have the best knowledge of what they created, what we
    > reasonably expect to see in the words of Bill Gates "Innovation, with rich
    > user features, deeply embeded in our software".

    Wonder if Microsoft will give their new AV product the same crappy treatment
    they gave their past AV product...

    Perhaps they will release it during XP SP2 and then kill it just in time for
    Longhorn. Anyone that puts any faith in this new AV from Microsoft is a

    Joshua Levitsky, MCSE, CISSP
    System Engineer
    [5957 F27C 9C71 E9A7 274A 0447 C9B9 75A4 9B41 D4D1]
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.