Re: [Full-Disclosure] MS Anti Virus?

From: Joshua Levitsky (jlevitsk_at_joshie.com)
Date: 06/17/04

    To: <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:34:45 -0400

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "DAN MORRILL" <dan_20407@msn.com>
    Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 11:51 AM
    Subject: Re: [Full-Disclosure] MS Anti Virus?

    > You make anti virus software sound like a gun lock on a 9MM.
    >
    > Does it really matter who is in the anti-virus market? If Microsoft goes
    > that way, and they have the best knowledge of what they created, what we
    can
    > reasonably expect to see in the words of Bill Gates "Innovation, with rich
    > user features, deeply embeded in our software".

    Wonder if Microsoft will give their new AV product the same crappy treatment
    they gave their past AV product...

    http://home.pmt.org/~drose/aw-win3x-31.html

    Perhaps they will release it during XP SP2 and then kill it just in time for
    Longhorn. Anyone that puts any faith in this new AV from Microsoft is a
    fool.

    --
    Joshua Levitsky, MCSE, CISSP
    System Engineer